"FUTURE MISS ALOHA HULA CONTEST" OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KFVE-TV and Aston Hotels and Resorts. The promotion begins March 19, 2010 at 12:00am and ends at 11:59 p.m. on April 25, 2010. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on April 25, 2010 . Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Hawaii, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Hawaii Five license subsidiary LLC, KFVE-TV, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Royal Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
3. How to Enter. Beginning on March 19, 2010 at 12:00am, individuals can log on to www.k5thehometeam.com and post a photo of their Future Miss Aloha Hula on Connect Now. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on April 25, 2010. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors, telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KFVE-TV and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KFVE-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. KFVE-TV are not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
4. Prize(s). 3 winners will receive a three night stay at the Aston Waikiki Sunset (retail value: $900) and a $100 Royal Hawaiian Heritage Jewelry gift certificate. Airfare, transportation, meals and other expenses are not included. Aston Hotels and Resorts prize certificates are valid one year from issue date and are subject to availability and blackout dates.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Three winners will be chosen from all eligible entries. Winners will be notified via email or phone. Winners are responsible for picking up the hotel vouchers at KFVE-
TV, 420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite #205, Honolulu, HI 96817.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. All prizes must be picked up by April 30, 2010. Winners are required to fill out an affidavit of eligibility.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KFVE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from KFVE-TV if KFVE-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KFVE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KFVE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KFVE-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
10. Name of winner. For the winner's name, log on to www.k5thehometeam.com after April 25, 2010.