Quick thoughts, ideas and tips that have helped other ex-smokers quit. If they can do it, so can you!
- Plan something enjoyable to do every day that does not include tobacco.
- Stop and ask yourself, "Do I really want this cigarette right now?"
- Clean out your car. Empty your ashtray. Add a special place for your new crunchy snacks to help you fight the urge to smoke.
- Give away all your ashtrays.
- Watch people who don't use tobacco. Borrow some ideas from them.
- Reward yourself. Consider putting aside the money that you would have spent buying cigarettes and treat yourself to something you really want.
- Make a commitment to having a tobacco-free home. Add a sign "Mahalo for not smoking" right at the front door and thank yourself every time you see it!
- Drink lots of water and flush out those toxins.
To read more quit tips, visit the Hawaii Tobacco Quitline page at www.quitnowhawaii.org/quit-tips