Lemon Garlic Chicken with
Red Cabbage, Edamame, and Butternut Squash
Yield: 2 servings
6 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Lemons, juiced
1 tsp Lemon zest
¼ c Olive oil, plus extra as needed
¼ c Red onion, small dice
½ c Edamame
½ c Chicken stock
¾ c Butternut squash, ½ inch cubed
1 tsp Thyme
2 c Red cabbage, thinly shredded
To taste Kosher salt & ground black pepper
1. Rub chicken breast with garlic and season with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow dish with ¼ c olive oil and juice from 1 lemon. Set aside and marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Toss butternut squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
4. Coat a sauté pan with olive oil and heat the pan at medium high heat. Saute the red onions. Season the red cabbage with salt and pepper and add to the sauté pan. Cook until the cabbage is soft.
5. Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water. Blanch the edamame until warmed through and strain.
6. Coat the sauté pan with olive oil again and sear the chicken breasts on both sides.
7. Add the chicken stock, lemon zest and juice to the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Plate the red cabbage in a mound and layer the edamame then butternut squash on top. Slice the chicken and layer on top of the salad. Spoon sauce on chicken and vegetables.