Craziest UH sports fan official promotion rules:
- Promotion Description . This promotion is sponsored by KHNL-TV, (collectively, “Sponsors(s)).The contest begins on October 9, 2008 and ends on December 31, 2008. Entries must be received by December 31, 2008 at 11:59pm . Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility . No purchase necessary to enter or win.This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Hawaii, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry or active military based in Hawaii. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KHNL-TV, KFVE-TV, Vacations Hawaii, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per person per email address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter . Beginning October 9, 2008 through December 31, 2008, individuals can log on to KFVE’s website at www.k5thehometeam.com and click on the Craziest UH Sports Fan icon to upload their crazy University of Hawaii sports fan picture. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors, telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
- Prize . 1 winner will receive a Las Vegas package for two (retail value: $1,850). Las Vegas package includes roundtrip airfare for two on nonstop Omni International charter flight between Honolulu and Las Vegas (coach), four nights at the California Hotel and Casino (1 room), 3 meals daily with roundtrip Las Vegas airport transfers. Prize certificate good until August 8, 2009. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Either the winner or the guest must be 21 years of age or older at the time of redemption and reservation. The winner and guest must be 21 years or older to receive meal coupons. All other expenses will be the winner’s responsibility.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by winners. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded . Web visitors to k5thehometeam.com will vote for their favorite Craziest UH sports fan January 4-18, 2009. The person with the most votes wins. Winner will be notified via phone or email.
- Odds of Winning . The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize . Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim the prize. The winner, travel companion, and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 30 days of prize notification and prior to receipt of the prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by January 30, 2009 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KFVE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from Vacations Hawaii if Vacations Hawaii reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that KFVE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto. The entrant owns the copyright to the picture and the person(s) in the picture consent to being entered into the contest, being broadcast and posted online.
- Limitation on Liability .By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
- Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights . These official rules are subject to modification by KFVE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KFVE-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion) or to ensure the fairness of the promotion.
- Name of Winner .For the name of the winner, visit the website at www.k5thehometeam.com after January 19, 2009.